The History

Amhuinnsuidhe Castle was designed in the Scottish Baronial style by the architect David Bryce and built in 1865 for Charles Murray, the 7th Earl of Dunmore. His mother, Lady Catherine set up an embroidery school and encouraged the then fledgling Harris Tweed industry.

Originally named 'Fincastle' the castle has traditionally been run as a sporting lodge and has welcomed many guests over the years. The current owner, Ian Scarr-Hall is committed to helping ensure the long-term environmental and economic sustainability of this exceptional estate.

designed and developed by blackhousecreative.co.uk